|10 min||6 h||6 h 10 min||4|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|2 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|1 1/2 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|1 tsp||Chili powder|
|1 tsp||Onion powder|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1/2 tsp||Kosher salt|
|1 can (15 oz)||Tomatoes and green chiles, canned (drained)|
|1 cup||Frozen yellow corn kernels|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Green bell pepper (chopped into 1/2-inch pieces)|
|6 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped)|
|1/4 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)|
1. Combine all ingredients except cilantro and scallions in your slow cooker.
2. Nestle chicken into mixture and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
3. Half an hour before serving, remove chicken and shred with two forks.
4. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Stir in cilantro and garnish with scallions.
5. Serve over rice, tortillas, or large lettuce leaves to make a lettuce wrap. Add your favourite toppings.
are high in fiber and are a great plant-based protein
is a great source of lean protein and helps with the repair, growth and maintenance of muscle