|10 min||12 h||12 h 10 min||12|
|1 medium||White onion (cut into quarters)|
|2 large stalk(s)||Celery (cut into large chunks)|
|2 large||Carrots (cut into large chunks)|
|1 leaf||Bay leaf|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (unpeeled)|
|1 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 carcass||Turkey carcass|
1. Place the bones in your slow cooker (I used my 6-quart). Try breaking them up as much as you can to fit.
2. Add the onion, celery, carrots, peppercorns, bay leave, garlic and vinegar.
3. Add water to 1-inch from the top of the crock. Cover and cook on low for at least 12 and up to 36 hours, adding water as necessary.
4. Let cool and then strain the broth.
5. Refrigerate overnight and skim off any unwanted fat that floated to the top.
6. Keep refrigerated and use within a few days, or portion out and freeze. I like to portion mine out in 2 cup amounts and place in zip lock bags that I lie flat on a plate and place in the freezer.
7. To make AIP friendly: Remove peppercorn
Weight Watchers Friendly - 0 WWPP