|15 min||4 h||6|
|1 small||White onion (chopped)|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drained and rinsed)|
|1 can (15oz)||White kidney beans, canned (drained and rinsed)|
|1/2 can(s) (16 oz)||Tomato sauce, canned|
|284 gm||Frozen yellow corn kernels|
|2 can(s) (13oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|114 gm||Green chili pepper (also chile or chilli) (chopped)|
|1 package||Taco seasoning mix, McCormick|
|1 tbsp||Chili powder|
|3 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|1/4 cup||Cilantro (coriander)|
1. Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.
2. Nestle the chicken in and completely cover with sauce, cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
3. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
4. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
5. Top with fresh cilantro and your favourite toppings!
are an excellent source of protein and fiber!