|5 min||4 h||4|
|1 medium||White onion (chopped)|
|1 small pepper(s)||Yellow bell pepper (sliced)|
|1 small pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (sliced)|
|908 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (organic)|
|1 tbsp||Lime juice (fresh) (chopped)|
|1/2 cup||Peanut butter, natural|
|1/2 cup||Chicken broth (stock) (organic)|
|1/4 cup||Soy sauce (or coconut aminos)|
|2 tbsp||Honey (natural)|
|1 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, dry (optional)|
|1/4 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped for topping)|
1. Place peppers and onion at the bottom of the crockpot. This will act as a “stand” for the chicken, so it does not dry out.
2. Next place chicken on top.
3. In a bowl, mix together peanut butter, lime juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, and honey. Pour sauce over chicken.
4. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or 6 on LOW. When 15 minutes remain of cooking time, shred chicken with two forks.
5. Cover and continue cooking for the remainder of the time. Remove from crockpot and serve over brown rice, noodles, OR using as a salad topper or lettuce wrap!
6. Top with peanuts, and if you like, cilantro.
is a great source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair!
are high in vitamin C which is a very important antioxidant!