|2 min||4 min||6 min||2|
|1 cup||Black beans, raw|
|1 cup||Green cabbage (Shredded)|
|1/2 cup shredded||Red cabbage|
|1 small||Tomato (Diced)|
|1/4 small||Red onion (Minced)|
|1/2 cup cubes||Avocado|
|2 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander), dried|
|1 nut||Pine nuts, dried|
|2 tbsp||Lime juice (fresh)|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 medium tortilla(s)||Tortilla, gluten-free (sliced into thin strips)|
|1 tsp||Sea salt (To taste)|
1. Mix the black beans, cabbage, tomato, onion and avocado in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl mix 1 tbsp olive oil with pine nuts and tortilla strips, add sea salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat a large skillet and add oiled pine nuts and tortilla strips.
4. Lightly brown them (about 4 minutes) and put on top the salad. Optional: ½ c of cooked high quality protein.
5. Whisk together the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, sea salt and pepper and pour over salad.
Savor every bite!
are high in monounsaturated fatty acids which are great for heart health
are an important source of plant-based protein and very high in fiber
is helpful with digestion and contains vitamin C which is a very important antioxidant