|15 min||35 min||6|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (thinly sliced)|
|1 pinch||Sea Salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|454 gm||Sweet potato (peeled, cut into large cubes)|
|454 gm||Butternut squash (cut into large cubes)|
|2 tbsp||Curry powder|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned|
|1 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 tbsp||Garlic (grated)|
|1 tbsp||Thyme, fresh (minced)|
|2 tsp||Coconut aminos, Coconut Secret|
|4 cup||Bone broth, Organic (chicken)|
|1 can(s) (14oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|1 can(s) (13.5 oz)||Coconut milk, sweetened|
|1/3 cup||Almond butter|
|1 cup||Frozen green peas (thawed)|
|1 cup||Spinach (large handful, rinsed and chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1/2 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)|
|6 stalk(s)||Green onion (thinly sliced)|
|1/2 cup||Almonds, toasted (coarsely chopped, for garnish)|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, drained (if using chickpeas - rinsed - or whole cooked roasted chicken)|
1. Warm coconut oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Once the oil has melted, add the sliced onion and season with a pinch of salt. Cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the sweet potato and squash, season with a couple of pinches of salt and some black pepper stir to combine. Cook until the sweet potato and squash soften, about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the onions from burning.
3. Add the curry powder, tomato paste, ginger, garlic, thyme, and coconut amino’s, stirring to combine. Cook until about 1 minute.
4. Stir in chicken stock, fire-roasted tomatoes with juices and coconut. Bring mixture to a boil, then add chicken. almond butter, and a few pinches of salt.
5. Return the mixture to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in the peas, spinach, and lemon juice.
6. Serve topped with cilantro, green onions, and toasted almonds.
You may want to switch this up in flavour a little — just for fun.
Sub in Thai red curry paste for the curry powder, and remove the canned tomato.
If you’re using chicken instead of chickpeas, roast and add extra chicken ahead at the beginning of the Dump.