|30 min||0 min||6|
|1/2 cup||Coconut milk, reduced fat|
|1 1/2 tsp||Red curry paste|
|1/2 tsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|1/2 tsp||Soy sauce, low sodium (or coconut aminos)|
|1/8 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|341 gm||Tofu, regular, extra firm (drained, cubed)|
|1 medium||Papaya (peeled, diced)|
|1/2 cup||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped)|
|1/4 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (optional)|
|6 medium tortilla(s)||Whole wheat tortilla|
|1 cup chopped||Watercress|
|2 cup||Baby spinach|
1. Mix together the coconut milk, curry paste, ginger, garlic, turmeric, soy sauce, and cayenne in a mixing bowl until smooth.
2. Fold in the tofu, papaya, green onions, and cilantro. Taste and season with sea salt, if desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (or overnight, if desired).
3. Place one tortilla on a cutting board. Spread ½ cup of the tofu mixture down the center of the tortilla in a row. Top with ½ cup of the watercress.
4. Fold the right side of the tortilla over the center and start to wrap tightly, pressing in as you wrap. Place the wrap on a serving dish seam side down.
5. Serve as a whole wrap for an individual meal (cut in half for easier eating), or slice into thin pinwheels for an appetizer.
is a great source of plant based protein and is high in iron and calcium!