|15 min||30 min||3|
|2 tbsp||Basil, fresh (chopped)|
|1 medium||Carrots (diced)|
|1/3 cup diced||Celery|
|4 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, low sodium (drained, rinsed)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 cup||Pasta, macaroni, elbow, whole wheat, dry (choice of whole wheat pasta)|
|1/2 cup||Spinach (chopped)|
|2 large||Tomato (seeded, chopped)|
|1/2 cup||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 small||Zucchini (diced)|
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, celery and carrots and sauté until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute.
4. Stir in broth, tomatoes, spinach, beans and pasta.
5. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add zucchini. Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
Serve and enjoy!
Provide key vitamins and minerals important for good health and maintenance of the body!