|20 min||0 min||1|
|3/4 cup||Brown rice, short-grain, cooked|
|1 tbsp||Rice wine vinegar|
|4 sheet||Seaweed, nori|
|1/4 cup grated||Carrots|
|1/4 cup||Cucumber (julienned)|
|1/2 avocado(s)||Avocado (diced)|
|1 whole lime(s)||Lime juice (fresh)|
|1 tsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 tsp||Wasabi paste|
1. Pour vinegar over the rice while it is still warm and mix until the vinegar is dispersed evenly. Let the rice cool to room temperature.
2. Use a sharp knife to cut the seaweed into small strips. You can use a full sheet of nori, or a personal sized package of seasoned seaweed, if you have it on hand.
3. Cut up the carrots and cucumbers into small matchsticks, measuring out 1/4 cup of each.
4. Dice the avocado and toss lightly with lime juice to prevent browning.
5. Add one layer at a time, using a spoon to even out and pat down each layer. You can layer your jar with seaweed on the top and bottom with rice in between each vegetable layer, or however you like.
6. Top the jar off with wasabi and ginger to taste.
is rich in protein and dietary fibre!
It is a good source of iodine which can help to support thyroid health!