|15 min||25 min||4|
|3 cup||Water (or no-sodium vegetable stock)|
|1 cup||Red lentils, split (rinsed well)|
|1 medium potato||Sweet potato (chopped into small cubes)|
|1 small||White onion (finely chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp||Turmeric, powder|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (finely chopped)|
|1/4 cup||Cilantro (coriander)|
|1 cup||Baby spinach (finely chopped)|
|2 leaf||Swiss chard (finely chopped)|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, drained (drained and rinsed)|
1. Combine water, lentils, sweet potato, onion, olive oil, turmeric, cumin, garlic and cilantro in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Add spinach and chard; simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in chickpeas and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Leave chunky or puree to desired consistency.
Lianne Phillipson is a Registered Nutritionist, bestselling author of Sprout Right - Nutrition from Tummy to Toddler, founder of SproutRight.com, an engaging speaker, media regular and nutrition expert featured weekly on Toronto’s NewsTalk1010 radio.
She consults with clients both in person and online and has her one of a kind New Eaters Club for new parents starting and progressing with solid food with their babies.