|15 min||20 min||4|
|2 head||Broccoli, raw (organic, chopped including tender stalks)|
|1/4 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated (grated from a small rind)|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
1. Bring 2 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Add broccoli, parmesan rind, and soy sauce.
3. Cover and simmer rapidly for about 8 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
4. Puree in the saucepan with a immersion blender until smooth.
5. Taste and season with sea salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve with parmesan shavings on top.
Frozen broccoli is just as nice.
Vegan version, skip the cheese and serve with a sprinkling of lightly toasted pine nuts or almonds.
Don’t have an immersion blender? Serve as a chunky soup, or any blender or food processor will work
*just be very careful when pureeing the hot soup*