|15 min||30 min||4|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 small||White onion (finely diced)|
|1 package, sliced (8 oz)||White mushrooms|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (chopped)|
|1/2 tsp||Thyme, fresh (chopped)|
|454 gm||Brussels sprouts (trimmed and sliced)|
|1 pinch||Salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|4 large egg||Egg|
1. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms release their moisture, it evaporates and the mushrooms start to caramelize, about 15 minutes.
2. Add the garlic thyme and Brussels sprouts, sauté until tender, about 5 minutes, let sit until the bottoms start to caramelize, about 5 minutes, mix everything up, let sit for 5 minutes and mix it all up.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Create small wells in the hash, add the eggs and cook until the desired level of doneness.
5. Place the pan in the oven to finish cooking the eggs and to ensure that the tops of the eggs cook fully, or just scramble it all!
are a great source of protein and contain important B vitamins!
are rich in antioxidants and high in fibre