|5 min||15 min||4|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper (for sauce)|
|1/2 small||Cucumber, peeled (diced, for sauce)|
|1/2 cup||Dill, fresh (chopped, for sauce)|
|4 tsp||Garlic (minced, for sauce)|
|2 cup||Greek yogurt, plain, 2% M.F. (for sauce)|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Lemon juice (for sauce)|
|1/2 tsp||Salt (for sauce)|
|4 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (pounded into 1/2 inch thickness)|
|1 tbsp||Italian herb seasoning, McCormick|
|1/2 cup, crumbled||Feta cheese (optional)|
|2 cup||Lettuce, romaine|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (thinly sliced)|
|1/2 medium||Red onion (thinly sliced)|
|4 medium pita||Pita bread, whole-wheat|
1. Puree all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor (see note below recipe first!).
2. Cover and chill until ready to serve. (If you have time, make this a few hours in advance or the night before so that the flavors can marinate).
3. Season chicken breasts with mediterranean seasoning. Cook in a large skillet or pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Cut into strips.
4. Lay pitas on a clean surface. Add lettuce (if desired), chicken, red pepper strips, and onions.
5. Top with tzatziki sauce and feta (if desired). Fold pita over like a sandwich, or roll it into a “tunnel shape”.
is a great source of lean protein and helps with muscle growth and repair