Easy Crockpot Chicken Thighs & Cabbage
An easy slow-cooker meal for busy weeknights.
Chicken thighs, bone-in, skinless
((; boneless; if you prefer); (about 6-8 pieces))
1 small head
(9-ounce bag of shredded; OR; medium; of green; red; finely shredded)
(or 1 medium head of; broken into florets and riced in a food processor)
Bone broth, Organic
Garlic-herb seasoning, Zatatain's
(or see 'Notes' below for link to Paleo brand)
Salt and pepper
(fresh; sliced (optional, for serving))
- Heat 1 teaspoon of avocado or olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes per side, turning once to brown lightly on each side.
- Place the shredded cabbage mixture in the bottom of a large slow-cooker (at least 6 quarts). Add the cauliflower rice on top.
- Next, place the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables and add the bone broth and Garlic & Herb spice blend.
- Cover the slow-cooker with the lid and set to cook on high for at least 6 hours (or up to 8 hours).
- Serve the chicken and veggies with a wedge of lemon and salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the bone before consuming.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat
Garlic & Herb Mix: buy it here