|20 min||25 min||4|
|4 fillet (6oz)||Atlantic Cod|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for pan)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (for each side of each fillet)|
|1 juice from 1 orange||Blood orange (more or less, depending on size of orange)|
|1 whole orange(s)||Orange peel (zest) (from blood orange - coarsely chopped)|
|2 tbsp||Honey, raw|
|2 tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|2 sprig||Thyme, fresh (chopped)|
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Let fish stand at room temperature, about 10 minutes.
3. Pat the fish dry with paper towels and sprinkle both sides with salt.
4. Oil large pan and bring to a high heat.
5. Add the fish to the pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, shake the pan gently and the fish should unstick. If the pan was hot enough, it will release. If not, using a fish spatula, GENTLY scrape it from the bottom of the pan. Turnover, cook the fish for 1 more minute.
6. Transfer fish to a foil lined sheet pan.
7. Put in oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until cooked through.
8. Drain pan, and add the orange juice, zest, chopped oranges, honey, vinegar, thyme, and a pinch of salt.
9. Bring to a boil then reduce it to a simmer until, liquid is reduced by half.
10. Spoon the sauce over the fish and ENJOY!
is a great source of protein and Omega 3 fatty acids!