|20 min||18 min||4|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (divided)|
|3/4 cup chopped||Yellow onion|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (chopped)|
|1 3/4 cup||Sweet potato (mashed)|
|227 gm||Frozen collard greens (thawed, drained and squeezed to remove excess water - can use spinach)|
|3/4 tsp||Sea salt, fine (divided)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|4 large egg||Egg (poached)|
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Combine in a bowl with potatoes, greens, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and then shape into 4 (4-inch) patties.
4. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat and cook veggie patties, carefully flipping once, until golden brown and hot throughout, about 10 minutes.
5. Put veggie patties on plates, top with sausage and eggs and serve.
You can add frozen breakfast sausage of choice.
Have leftover mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes? This is perfect!