|15 min||35 min||6|
|454 gm||Pork, tenderloin, lean (cut into 1/2-inch pieces - can use boneless pork chops)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt (divided)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium||White onion (chopped)|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned (organic)|
|1 cup||Brown rice, long-grain, dry (organic)|
|8 cup||Kale (tough stems removed, can use collard greens)|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 can (15oz)||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium (organic, can use vegetable broth)|
|2 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar (organic)|
|1/2 tsp||Paprika, smoked (hot)|
|1 can (15oz)||Black-eyed peas, canned (organic, rinsed and drained)|
1. Toss pork with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pork, stirring until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Transfer pork to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
4. Add onion, tomato paste and rice to the pan and cook until the onion softens, about 4 minutes. Add kale and garlic and cook until the kale begins to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth, vinegar, paprika and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until the rice is done, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Stir in the reserved pork and black-eyed peas and heat for 1 minute.
is a great source of protein!