|5 min||15 min||6|
|1 cup||Quinoa, uncooked|
|2 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1 tbsp||Ranch seasoning, dry, McCormick|
1. Rinse quinoa really well in cold water.
2. Add quinoa, chicken broth and seasoning to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and let sit covered for 5 more minutes.
5. Remove lid and fluff with a fork.
To make your own ranch seasoning, simple combine 2 tbsp. dried parsley, 2 tbsp. dried chives, 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion power. 1 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper. For this recipe, use 1 tbsp. of the total amount and reserve the rest for future use.