|15 min||15 min||4|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 onion(s)||Sweet onion|
|1 pepper(s)||Red chili pepper (also chile or chilli) (chopped finely)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (crushed)|
|1 piece, 2-inch||Ginger root (grated)|
|1 cup||Broccoli florets|
|1 cup chopped||Carrots|
|1 cup chopped||Green bell pepper|
|1 cup pieces||White mushrooms|
|1 cup||Green/yellow string beans, raw|
|1 tsp||Soy sauce (splash)|
|1 tsp||Oyster sauce (splash)|
|1 tsp||Lemon juice (splash)|
|340 gm||Egg noodles, unenriched, dry (1 package)|
|1 tbsp||Sunflower seeds|
|1 tbsp||Sesame seeds|
1. Heat sesame oil in large wok or saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, chilli, garlic and ginger and fry for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, mushroom and sting beans and let them cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and lemon juice. Add a cup of water to stop the vegetables from sticking and to give it a little ‘juice’ that the kids love. Pop lid on wok and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until the veggies are slightly softened.
5. In the meantime, cook the noodles according to package instructions. When the noodles are ready drain and add to wok.
6. Top with sunflower and sesame seeds and enjoy!
Veggies that can be used
You can use a variety of vegetables for this stir-fry including cabbage, courgette, carrots, green beans, celery, other cookable greens such as bok choy, green peppers, red peppers, mangetout, mushrooms, broccoli, baby corn.
Nuts and seed that can be used for toppings
Sunflower seeds, chopped nuts, sesame seeds (anything that you have in the cupboard).