|7 min||25 min||12|
|6 medium egg||Egg|
|3 egg white||Egg white|
|142 ml||Baby spinach (or 1 smal pack of frozen chopped spinach)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper|
|1 cup whole||White mushrooms|
|1 small||White onion|
|1 tbsp||Avocado oil|
1. Preheat oven to 375⁰C.
2. Line muffin tray with liners or lightly grease.
3. Chop up the veggies.
4. Sauté onion and mushrooms in the oil until the liquid is released from the mushrooms.
5. Add pepper and sauté until soft. Add garlic and sauté for 1 min.
6. Take veggies out of pan and allow to cool in bowl.
7. Beat the eggs and egg whites together in large bowl and add veggies when cool, pour into muffin liners or tins and place in oven. Depending on the size of the muffin tins, should take about 15 to 18 mins to be done
8. Check by inserting a toothpick into the centre. When it comes out clean it’s done!
9. Add parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, ham or any spices you like (e.g., cumin, paprika, pepper)
Nishta Saxena is a Registered Dietitian, Paediatric and Family Nutritionist, founder of Vibrant Nutrition, and proud Mama of two.
In her practice she helps families through all stages of nutrition.
She is also a food and nutrition expert with Global National News, and makes regular contributions to CTV Your Morning, the Globe and Mail, and CBC.ca.
Nishta believes that nutrition can transform lives, and it is her goal to change lives through her work.