|5 min||30 min||2|
|1 eggplant||Eggplant (large; sliced 1 inch thick)|
|1 cup||Tomato sauce, canned|
|6 slice(s)||Provolone cheese (mozzarella works too)|
|1 cup||Spinach (fresh)|
|1/2 cup||Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)|
|3 leaf||Basil, fresh|
|1/4 tsp||Red pepper flakes (optional)|
1. Preheat your oven to 425 F.
2. In a baking tray arrange the sliced eggplant. Sprinkle the Himalayan salt and bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove the baked eggplant from the oven and turn your broiler on.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over each eggplant round followed by one slice of provolone.
5. Arrange some fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes and basil over the cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes.
6. Make sure you keep a close look while the eggplant is under the broiler as they can burn really fast!
Pizza is the best because it is easy to make custom creations!
Add vegan pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, or use pesto instead of tomato sauce!
is high in antioxidants and packed with fibre!