|5 min||15 min||2|
|2 medium egg||Egg|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
1. Cut the avocado in half and scoop out some of the flesh in the center so that there is enough room for the eggs to sit. You can serve that part alongside with the cooked eggs.
2. Separate the yolks and whites. Put the whites in a bowl, yolks into two different bowls.
3. Add salt into whites and mix well.
4. Heat olive oil in a pan and sear the avocado halves, flesh side down for 15-20 seconds until a little golden.
5. Flip them over and share the egg whites into each. Don’t worry if they overflow since it forms a very nice white plate on which avocado halves are set.
6. Put the lid on, turn the heat down and cook for 5-10 minutes until the whites inside avocados are set.
7. Slide the yolks into the avocados over the whites. Put the lid on and cook for 2-3 minutes. A thin white cover may appear on the yolks. This will disappear and the yolks will look really shiny and yellow after about a minute.
Serve and enjoy!
For additional nutrients
serve with spinach or kale sautéed lightly on medium heat for 3-4 minutes
is high in monounsaturated fatty acids, potassium, B vitamins and fiber
are a high quality protein source, they are an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids if stated on carton