|10 min||20 min||30 min||5|
|1 can (14oz)||Lentils, canned (rinsed under cold water)|
|1 can(s) (16 oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|2 sausage||Sausage, bratwurst, pork (chopped)|
|1 large||White onion (diced)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 1/2 litre||Water, filtered|
|2 medium potato||Sweet potato (scrubbed and cubed)|
|1/2 bunch||Kale (rinsed and chopped loosely)|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
1. In a large pot on medium heat add olive oil and chopped onions.
2. Add chopped sausage and cook, stirring frequently. Cook until onions start to get clear.
3. Add chopped garlic and stir. Cook for a minute or two. Do not brown garlic.
4. Add canned tomatoes, rinsed canned lentil, diced sweet potatoes, cumin, black pepper and salt.
5. Add water, stir and raise temperature to medium high. Cook on boil for about 5 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer.
6. Cook on simmer with the lid ajar for about 20 minutes until tomatoes have broken down, stirring occasionally.
7. Laddel into bowl and enjoy!
are full of polyphenols which are phytochemicals that fight against harmful agents in the body