|10 min||0 min||4|
|1 bunch||Curly kale (stemmed and finely chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (organic)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice (from fresh lemon)|
|1/4 cup||Red onion (diced)|
|1/4 cup||Cucumber (diced)|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
1. Wash Kale leaves and pat dry
2. Put chopped kale into a large bowl and massage gently with hands until the tough fibers of the kale breakdown
3. Add the diced red onions and cucumber on top of the kale
4. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt to taste
5. Cut one lemon in half and add lemon juice to your salad and ENJOY!
For additional protein - sprinkle 1 tbsp. of chia seeds or hemp seeds on top of salad
For additional flavor - drizzle balsamic vinegar and sprinkle black pepper to taste.
For more nutrients - wash 1-2 cups of baby spinach leaves and add them to the salad - spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, and Folic acid.
It is an excellent source of calcium and an excellent source of dietary fiber.
It is an excellent source of healthy fats and is high in the antioxidant vitamin E