|10 min||15 min||2|
|1 endive(s)||Belgian endive (leaves separated)|
|1/4 cup||Tamari, gluten free, reduced sodium|
|3 tbsp||Maple syrup|
|2 tsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 tsp||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp minced||Ginger root|
|1/4 cup chopped||Carrots|
|1/4 cup diced||Celery|
|1 tbsp chopped||Sweet onion|
|1/4 cup||Pecans (pulsed in food processor)|
1. Prepare sauce with tamari, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, garlic and ginger and set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the carrot, celery and onion. Pour in sauce.
3. Bring to a simmer, then cover and allow the vegetables to cook.
4. Uncover and increase heat so that it comes to a boil. Boil until most of the liquid evaporates.
5. Remove from heat and add the pulsed pecans.
6. Let the mixture marinate for a few minutes and then scoop onto endive leaves.