|10 min||0 min||16|
|2 1/3 cup||Coconut flour|
|1 1/3 cup whole||Almonds, raw|
|2 small||Banana (s)|
|4 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1/2 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|4 tbsp||Cocoa powder, unsweetened (for chocolate layer)|
|4 tbsp||Coconut oil (melted, for chocolate layer)|
|8 date(s)||Dates (pitted, for chocolate layer)|
|1/2 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure (for chocolate layer)|
1. Blend the coconut flour in a food processor or blender until it becomes almost ground. Then add the almonds and blend until you have a mixed almond and coconut flour. Add the coconut oil, vanilla, salt, banana and blend until you have a firm and mixed dough.
2. Find a square baking pan and line it with a piece of parchment paper. Use your hand to even out the dough to have a thickness around 2 cm (0,75 inch). Place it in the fridge.
3. Add all the chocolate layer ingredients in a blender and blend until you have a smooth chocolate paste. Add more cocoa for a deeper flavour and darker colour.
4. Remove the dough from the fridge and add the chocolate in a plain layer and place it back in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
5. Cut the ‘cake’ into 16 bars. Keep them in an airtight box in the fridge for up to a week. Wrap some in paper for later and enjoy!