|10 min||5 min||8|
|1 cup||Frozen green peas|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, drained (drained, rinsed)|
|3 tbsp||Lemon juice (or 1 lemon's juice)|
|1/4 cup||Olive oil|
|1 dash||Kosher salt (to taste)|
1. Bring a small pot of salted water to a simmer and add the peas. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until they are bright green and float to the surface. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, add the garlic and the chickpeas and purée until well combined.
3. Add the lemon juice and then with the food processor running, stream in the olive oil. Purée on high until creamy.
4. Add the peas to the food processor and purée on high until very creamy and then season to taste with kosher salt.
5. Serve with crudités or crackers.
are a great source of plant-based protein and are high in fiber