Garlic and Herb Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms are an important source of antioxidants, mainly selenium, and as such have powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Cremini (Italian) mushroom
Sea salt, fine
(or more to taste)
Herbes de provence
Extra virgin olive oil
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp towel. Do not rinse the mushrooms under running water, they will absorb too much water.
- Remove the mushroom stems, trim their tough base, and chop into a fine dice.
- In a mortar, pound together the garlic, 1/4 tsp of salt, and Provence herbs to form a rough paste.
- Transfer the paste to a large bowl and stir in the lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley.
- Add the mushrooms and mix with a spoon to cover the mushrooms with the marinade sauce.
- Set aside and let the mushrooms marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the mushrooms in a baking dish.
- Add the finely diced stems to the leftover marinade sauce, mix well and fill each of the mushrooms with it.
- Add a little drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until they are nicely brown. Serve hot.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat