|15 min||30 min||4|
|1 small squash||Butternut squash (peeled and chopped)|
|4 large||Carrots (peeled and chopped)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 piece, 2-inch||Ginger root (peeled and grated)|
|4 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, low sodium|
|1 tsp||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1 tsp||Coconut oil (for frying)|
1. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the ginger and toss around for a minute or so, until the ginger starts to brown a bit.
2. Add the onion and garlic and toss around until the onion is translucent.
3. Add the carrots and squash and toss around for about a minute.
4. Pour in the broth. Boil for about half an hour, or until the carrots and butternut squash are soft, then remove from heat.
5. With an immersion blender, puree the soup.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
(Option: you can add a bit of coconut milk to make the soup extra creamy)
is a power-packed veggie, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, B6 and folate!
are a great source of beta carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body and is important for vision health and immunity!