|5 min||20 min||4|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil, Extra Virgin|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|454 gm||Beef, sirloin tip (cut into very thin strips)|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 tsp minced||Ginger root (freshly grated)|
|2 tsp||Black pepper (ground)|
|2 tsp||Red pepper flakes|
|1/4 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|2 cup||Broccoli, raw (cut into flowerets)|
|2 cup sliced||Carrots (thinly sliced)|
|1 green onion (stem)||Green onion (thinly sliced)|
1. Heat the 1/2 tbs olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the sliced beef and 1/4 tsp salt and brown. Remove beef from pan to a side dish, and get rid of excess juice left in pan.
3. In a small bowl mix lemon juice, grated ginger, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes with 1/4 cup broth.
4. Heat pan again over medium heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil when pan is hot.
5. Add broccoli and carrots to pan. Pour liquid ingredients on top and toss to coat.
6. Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender.
7. Return the beef to the pan and add the green onions. Add the extra chicken broth if preferred.
8. Stir beef in until coated with sauce, and let simmer for a few minutes until beef warmed through.