|30 min||2 h 30 min||10|
|454 gm||Beef, ground, extra lean (or chickpeas, tempeh, for sauce)|
|2 tbsp||Ghee (for sauce)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped, for sauce)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced, for sauce)|
|1 can(28oz)||Crushed tomatoes canned (for sauce)|
|1/2 cup||Water (for sauce)|
|3 medium||Carrots (sliced, for sauce)|
|1 cup||Cremini (Italian) mushroom (sliced, for sauce)|
|1 tbsp, leaves||Basil, dried (for sauce)|
|1 tbsp||Oregano, dried (for sauce)|
|2 cup||Cashew nuts, raw (soaked, for "ricotta")|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice (for "ricotta")|
|1 tbsp||Nutritional yeast (for "ricotta")|
|1/4 cup||Water (for "ricotta")|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt (for "ricotta")|
|1 package (227g)||Lasagna noodle, gluten-free, dry|
1. For the Blognese Sauce:
2. In a large sauce pan heat your oil and sauté onions and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add tomato puree, water meat or beans, carrots, and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 35- 50 minutes, until carrots are tender and sauce has a slight sweet taste.
3. Simmer uncover until desired thickness is achieved. Add basil, oregano, and salt. Adjust flavours as needed. Serve hot or allow to cool, transfer to jars leaving room for expansion, and freeze for later use.
4. For the Cashew Ricotta:
5. To Assemble:
6. Over the noodles, spread a ¼ - ⅓ inch layer of the cashew cheese.
7. Repeat the layering, ending with a layer of cashew cheese.
8. Place in oven and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, until the top is slightly browned.
9. Remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
is a great source of protein and vitamin B12!