|10 min||25 min||12|
|1 cup||Blueberries (for blending)|
|4 large egg||Egg|
|1 tbsp||Honey, raw|
|4 tbsp||Butter, grass fed, unsalted|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|2 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|2 tbsp||Coconut flour|
|1 cup||Blueberries (to fold whole)|
1. Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine blueberries, eggs, honey, ghee or butter and vanilla and mix together. Add the almond flour, salt, baking soda and mix together. If the batter is a little runny, add the coconut flour one tablespoon at a time – the batter should be somewhat stiff.
3. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in remaining blueberries.
4. Put about 2 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin paper – or fill 3/4 of the way.
5. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and they are slightly browned. When finished, cool on a rack. Enjoy!
One of the top sources of antioxidants called anthocyanins which gives them their beautiful deep color. They're also high in fiber, vitamin C, K and manganese.