|1 h 10 min||0 min||20|
|3/4 cup||Peanuts, roasted (divided into 2 separate portions equally)|
|2 cup||Apricot, dried|
|2 cup||Rolled oats- Gluten Free|
|2 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|1 cup||Peanut butter, natural|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|2 cup||Brown Rice Cacao Crisps Cereal, One Degree Organic Foods|
1. Add ½ cup of peanuts and apricots to the food processor and pulse until they break into small pieces.
2. Add rolled oats, flaxseed meal, peanut butter, and honey and blend until smooth and sticky.
3. Roughly chop the remaining ¼ cup of peanuts and add to the mixture along with the rice cereal.
4. Line a 13 x 8” rectangle pan with wax or parchment paper and press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
5. Transfer the pan to the freezer for 1 hour. Cut into bars and wrap each individually in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Oats - contain beta-glucans (soluble fiber) that help to decrease blood sugar levels and increases feelings of fullness
Dried Apricots - good source of dietary fiber and iron
Flaxseeds - high in omega 3 fatty acids and are a high-quality protein