|5 min||40 min||4|
|1 cup||Rolled oats- Gluten Free|
|1/2 cup||Buckwheat groats, dry|
|1 1/2 cup||Quinoa, cooked|
|1/2 cup||Sunflower seeds|
|1/2 cup||Coconut, shredded, unsweetened|
|1/4 cup||Maple syrup|
|1/4 cup||Coconut oil (melted)|
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|5 date pitted||Medjool date (chopped into tiny bits)|
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. In a large bowl combine oats, buckwheat, quinoa, sunflower seeds and coconut.
3.In a small bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
4. Pour maple syrup/oil mixture over the grain mixture and stir well, making sure all pieces are covered. Spread cereal mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Color should be golden brown.
6. While cereal is baking, chop the dates.
7. Remove from oven and stir in chopped dates.
8. Let cereal cool before placing into a covered glass container, jar, or bowl for storage.
9. Garnish with fruit and serve with almond milk, grass-fed kefir, or plain yogurt. Enjoy!
Yields 3.5 cups
PRO-TIP: Save your empty pickle jars for storage of recipes like this.
Their elongated 'tallness' take up less room in your cupboard or fridge,
they are see through for ease of use, and don't leech yucky chemicals like plastic containers do!