|5 min||15 min||20 min||7|
|1/2 cup||Coconut milk|
|5 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|4 tbsp||Cane sugar (organic)|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1/4 cup||Potato starch|
|1/2 cup||Rice flour, brown (superfine)|
|3/4 tsp||Sea salt (to taste)|
|1 cup||Sorghum flour|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|1 1/2 cup||Water|
|1 tsp||Xanthan gum|
|1/4 cup||Tapioca starch|
|4 tsp||Baking powder, gluten-free|
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, super- fine brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Form a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the lemon juice, olive oil, vanilla extract, coconut milk, and water.
3. Stir gently with a fork until all ingredients are combined, and then use a whisk to make the batter completely smooth.
4. Heat your Belgian waffle maker and lightly mist with non- stick cooking spray. Pour about 1¼ cups batter (depending on your waffle maker’s size) and close. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until waffle is golden brown and easily releases from the waffle iron.
5. Add fruit or desired toppings, and enjoy!
For additional nutrients - top with one cup of Berries - they are high in antioxidants which are so important for healthy immunity!