|10 min||40 min||3|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup||Onion, freeze dried, chopped|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (Finely chopped)|
|1/2 tsp||Ginger, ground (Fresh ginger, finely chopped)|
|1/2 tsp, leaves||Basil, dried|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|1/2 cup chopped||Carrots|
|1/2 cup||Potato (Chopped)|
|3 large||Tomato (Chopped)|
|3 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, gluten-free|
|1 cup||Brown lentils, raw|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
1. In a medium to large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onions and garlic.
2. Once the onions are slightly transparent and tender, add the ginger and stir well for 1 minute
3. Add in the cumin, dried basil, and sea salt, and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn
4. Add in carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, vegetable broth, water and lentils and bring it to a boil
5. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 – 45 minutes, or until the lentils and carrots are soft
6. Add the spinach and cook until slightly wilted
7. Add sea salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot
8. For an extra hearty meal, you can serve this over brown rice or quinoa in your favorite bowl!
Optional: ½ c of cooked high quality protein
are an important source of plant-based protein and are high in fiber which helps to promote healthy digestion!