|10 min||15 min||4|
|1 piece, 1-inch||Turmeric root (peeled and grated)|
|1 1/2 piece, 1-inch||Ginger root (peeled and grated)|
|1 cup||Coconut milk|
|1/2 cup||Coconut water, unsweetened, ready-to-drink|
|1/2 tbsp||Honey, raw|
1. Peel both the turmeric and ginger, then grate them finely using a mortar and pestle. Spoon the ghee into the mortar and grind the ghee into the turmeric and ginger with your pestle until they form a fine paste.
2. Pour the coconut milk, coconut water, and water into a saucepan, and spoon in the paste made with turmeric, ginger and ghee.
3. Turn the heat up to medium-high and warm the ingredients together until little bubbles just begin to creep up the sides of the pot.
4. Turn off the heat and cover the saucepan, allowing the turmeric and ginger to steep about 3 minutes.
5. Strain the golden milk through a fine-mesh strainer or tea strainer into a tea pot. Stir in the honey and continue stirring until it dissolves. Serve warm