|10 min||20 min||12|
|1 tsp||Coconut oil (for muffin tin)|
|2 1/2 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|1/2 cup||Hemp seeds, shelled (ground into flour (or use ground nuts))|
|1/2 cup||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|1/2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 dash||Sea Salt|
|2 medium||Banana (s) (mashed)|
|2 large egg||Egg (beaten)|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your muffin tin by greasing it with butter or coconut oil, or add 12 muffin liners to the tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, hemp flour, ground flax, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
3. In another small mixing bowl mash the banana, then add the eggs, honey, and butter or coconut oil until and whisk together until everything is combined and there are no lumps.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
5. Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full with batter.
6. Add the muffin tin to the hot oven and bake for approximately 15 - 20 minutes, or until outsides are golden and you can poke a toothpick and it comes out clean. Once cooked, remove from oven and cool down on a rack. Serve warm, and store leftovers on your countertop in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
Find almond flour in the health food section at your local grocery store, or on Amazon. Look for blanched almond flour.
Prep your hemp flour ahead of time by adding whole hemp seeds to a blender and blend until a fine flour is produced.