|15 min||25 min||12|
|1/2 cup whole||Almonds, raw (finely ground)|
|1/4 cup||Apricot, dried (chopped)|
|1/4 cup||Coconut, shredded, unsweetened|
|1/4 cup||Honey (or maple syrup)|
|1 cup||Quinoa, cooked|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1/2 cup||Sunflower seeds (finely ground)|
|1 scoop||Whey protein powder, unflavoured (optional)|
|1 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground) ((for flax egg))|
|3 tbsp||Water ((for flax egg))|
1. Soak 1 cup dry quinoa overnight in water and either rinse and cook right away or set to sprout for 2-4 days.
2. To cook Quinoa: Mix with 2 cups milk or 1 can coconut milk. Bring to a boil, stir, and lower to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes (no stirring). This will make enough for two 9×13 pans of bars or you can eat the cooked quinoa on top of yogurt with blueberries, cinnamon, and maple syrup. You can also freeze extras for future batches. If you only want enough for one recipe, use ¼ c. quinoa and ½ c. milk.
3. To make flax egg, mix flaxseed meal with water and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
4. Once quinoa is cooked and ready, simply mix all the ingredients together with a spoon or a mixer, then spread in a greased 8x8-inch glass baking pan. The batter/dough will be moist.
5. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until firm to the touch in the center and browning on the edges.
6. Cool completely in the pan, then cut into 16 2×2-inch squares.
7. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.