|5 min||25 min||2|
|1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)|
|1 medium||White onion (peeled and roughly chopped)|
|4 tbsp||Tomato paste, organic|
|199 gm||Red lentils, raw|
|3 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1 dash||Salt (to taste)|
|1/2 cup||Hemp milk|
|1 cup||Baby spinach (optional)|
|1 cup||Parsley, fresh (flat-leaf, leaves picked)|
1. Heat a little oil in a medium pot and cook onion over medium heat until soft but not brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Add lentils, tomato paste, broth, and a generous pinch of salt, and stir to combine everything.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring a few times for about 10 minutes or until the lentils are tender and starting to break apart.
4. Stir in hemp nondairy beverage and cook for another 5 minutes until everything is creamy. If adding baby spinach, stir in and take off the heat.
5. Taste and season. Divide between bowls and serve hot, topped with parsley
Try this delicious red-lentil-based recipe. The combination of softened lentils and hemp nondairy beverage makes this faux risotto just as creamy without the dairy (or the time commitment).
are full of polyphenols that fight against harmful agents in the body