|15 min||30 min||6|
|2 1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 onion(s)||Sweet onion (diced)|
|10 medium mushroom(s)||Portobello mushroom (chopped)|
|3 tsp||Garlic (minced)|
|1 1/4 tsp||Sea Salt (divided)|
|1/2 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|3 tbsp||Buttermilk powder|
|1/3 cup||Sour cream, fat free|
|4 cup||Green/yellow string beans, frozen|
|1/3 cup||All-purpose white flour (divided)|
|1 cup||Milk, fat-free (skimmed) (or almond milk)|
|3 tbsp||Sherry, dry|
|1 cup||Bread crumbs, seasoned (gluten-free if needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and slightly translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, thyme and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the mushroom juices are almost evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle 1/3 cup flour over the vegetables; stir to coat.
3. Add milk and sherry and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Stir in green beans and return to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in sour cream and buttermilk powder. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
4. To make topping: Mix 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs with 1.5 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread the bread crumb topping over the casserole.
5. Bake the casserole until bubbling, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.