|20 min||15 min||3|
|2 cup||Basil, fresh (for dairy free pesto)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (crushed, for dairy free pesto)|
|1/3 cup||Pine nuts, dried (for dairy free pesto)|
|1/2 cup||Extra virgin olive oil (for dairy free pesto)|
|1 tsp||Salt (for dairy free pesto)|
|1 tsp||Black pepper (for dairy free pesto)|
|6 medium egg||Egg|
|1/4 cup||Basil pesto|
|1/2 cup||Frozen spinach|
|1/2 cup chopped||Zucchini (julienned)|
|2 green onion (stem)||Green onion|
|2 tbsp||Coconut milk, sweetened (optional)|
1. In a food processor, combine basil, garlic and pine nuts. Grind down until everything is chopped finely.
2. Add the olive oil and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Prepare the veggies: microwave the spinach and squeeze out the excess moisture. Julienne the zucchini and cut into matchsticks. Slice the green onions thinly (whites and about half of the green tops).
4. Crack eggs into a medium bowl and add coconut milk (if desired). Whisk until smooth.
5. In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp ghee.
6. Quickly cook the zucchini and green onion until soft, ~1-2 minutes.
7. Add spinach and eggs and scramble the eggs until firm.
8. Stir in the pesto.
9. Top with avocado, serve with a side of good quality bacon (cook as per package instructions)