|15 min||35 min||50 min||6|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 large slice||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|3 medium leek(s)||Leek (sliced)|
|8 leaf||Collard greens|
|2 tbsp minced||Ginger root (plus more to taste)|
|8 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
1. Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion over low heat with salt until soft and golden, about 20 minutes.
2. Add leeks to pot and cook for 10 minutes until soft, then add collards and ginger, sautéing for 5 more minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, then cook for 10 minutes.
4. Remove soup from heat and purée in blender in batches until creamy and smooth.
5. Pour back into pot, heat and add lemon juice.