|30 min||15 min||12|
|4 medium ear(s)||Sweet white corn (husk removed, grilled)|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (rinsed and drained)|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, low sodium (rinsed and drained)|
|1 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Green bell pepper (chopped)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (chopped)|
|1/2 medium||Red onion (chopped)|
|1/2 pepper(s)||Red chili pepper (also chile or chilli) (seeded & finely chopped)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt, fine|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper (freshly ground)|
|1/2 cup||Lime juice (fresh) (for dressing)|
|1 tbsp unpacked||Brown sugar (for dressing, or coconut sugar)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt, fine (for dressing or to taste)|
|1 tsp||Red wine vinegar (for dressing)|
|1 tsp||Cumin (for dressing)|
|1/4 tsp||Chili powder (for dressing)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced, for dressing)|
|1/4 cup||Extra virgin olive oil (for dressing)|
|1 tsp||Hot sauce (or to taste, for dressing)|
1. Preheat a grill on high for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium high and grill the corn, with the cover closed and turning occasionally, until some kernels are black, about 12 minutes. Remove and allow the corn to cool slightly.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut off the kernels into a very large, deep serving bowl (hold the narrow end of the cob, point the other end into the bowl and cut downward, so that flying kernels are trapped by the bowl itself).
3. Add black beans, chickpeas, cilantro, green and red bell peppers, onions, chile peppers, salt and pepper to the bowl and toss.
4. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients: lime juice, sugar, salt, vinegar, cumin, chili powder, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl. Season to taste with hot sauce.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to thoroughly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes, toss again and serve.
The salad can be made in advance and stored covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
This amazing herb has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and has also been studied in helping the liver detoxify heavy metals.
High in fiber which may help to lower the amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease. Beans are also help in blood sugar management and weight loss.