Keto Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
A great protein source for grilling season!
Salt and pepper
Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
(cut into 1-inch cubes)
- In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing. Reserve 2-3 tbsp pesto in a separate bowl
- Combine the raw chicken with the rest of the pesto and marinate for a few hours in a bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step).
- Beginning and ending with chicken, thread chicken and tomatoes onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
- Heat the outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat until hot. Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with oil.
- Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook about 3-4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Brush with the reserved pesto.
For additional nutrition
Weave through some peppers and zucchini and add to the skewers before grilling
is a very good source of protein, niacin and selenium. It is low in fat and easy to prepare
Purchase free-range, organically fed chickens
Chicken should be cooked until the internal temperature reaches 175F
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat