|25 min||15 min||4|
|3 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|2 cup||Chickpeas, canned, drained (drained, rinsed)|
|1 eggplant||Eggplant (chopped)|
|1 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 tbsp||Basil pesto|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Yellow bell pepper (quartered)|
|1 cup||Couscous, whole wheat, dry|
|1 medium||Zucchini (chopped)|
|1 cup||Cherry Tomatoes (halved)|
1. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, pesto, oil and pepper; set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine couscous with 3/4 cup (175 mL) boiling water; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; fold in chickpeas and green onion.
3. Cut eggplant and zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices. Place eggplant, zucchini and yellow pepper on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until tender-crisp, about 10 minutes.
(Alternatively, you could also broil the eggplant, zucchini and yellow pepper on a baking sheet until tender-crisp)
4. Cut eggplant and zucchini into 1-inch (2.5 cm) wide strips. Cut pepper into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
5. Add grilled vegetables and tomatoes to couscous. Add pesto mixture; toss to combine.