|25 min||0 min||15|
|2/3 cup||Cocoa powder, unsweetened (Look for raw cocoa)|
|1/2 cup||Cashew nuts, raw (unsalted)|
|2 tsp||Carob powder|
|60 ml||Honey (can reduce for less sweetness)|
|2 tbsp||Cacao butter|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
1. Set aside a half tbsp of raw cocoa powder - this is for coating the truffles
2. Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Grind the cashews to a powder with a coffee grinder.
4. Combine the ground nuts, chocolate, carob powder.
5. Add the coconut oil one tablespoon at a time, combining well with each spoonful before adding the next. (this prevents separation.)
6. Add the honey - start with 3/4 of the full amount, taste and add more if you like more sweetness. Mix everything well.
7. Place in fridge for a while to harden so that you can shape into balls.
8. Form into small balls.
9. Then coat the truffles in chocolate powder or coconut shavings. Should make 30 balls.
Flavours improve if you leave in the fridge.