|15 min||15 min||4|
|908 gm||Grass-fed beef (can use bison)|
|2 tbsp||Butter, grass fed, unsalted (can use ghee)|
|1 whole lime(s)||Lime juice (fresh)|
|1 tsp||Cayenne pepper (1 to 3 tsp.)|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
|3 medium||Carrots (3 to 4)|
|16 leaf||Lettuce, romaine|
|1 cup||Broccoli sprouts (can use another kind of sprout if you prefer)|
|1/2 bunch||Cilantro (coriander)|
|1 1/2 cup||Guacamole|
1. Sauté the meat in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-low heat until cooked gently but thoroughly. Your goal is not to brown the meat. Drain the liquid and save it for another cooking adventure (if using bison, the juice has lots of flavour and good fats and lats for a few days in the fridge).
2. Add the butter, lime juice, cayenne, oregano, cumin and salt and stir thoroughly over low heat just until the flavours combine.
3. Grate the carrots into a bowl and wash and dry the individual romaine leaves.
4. Set out the carrots and lettuce banquet style in the middle of the table with the sprouts, the cilantro and a generous bowl of guacamole.
5. Then hand everyone a plate and let them hack their own lettuce-shelled tacos.
is a great source of protein and B12!