|10 min||16 min||4|
|2 plantain(s)||Plantain (green)|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Olive oil|
(1) For Sweet & Spicy:
(2) For Salt & Pepper:
(3) For Garlic & Onion:
(4) For Cinnamon Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Peel the plantain with a sharp knife. Then slice the plantains as thinly as possible with a mandolin or knife.
3. In a bowl, combine plantain slices, olive oil, and seasonings. Stir gently to coat the plantain chips.
4. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Place a single layer of plantains on the parchment paper.
5. Place cookie sheet in oven for 16 to 20 minutes. Turn plantains after 8 minutes.
6. Plantain chips are done when they start to brown around the edges. Remove from oven and serve.
7. Chips are best served warm. You can also cool the plantain chips on a baking rack lined with paper towels to soak up any extra oil, and serve them at room temperature, too. Plantain chips keep for about one day.