|10 min||12 min||4|
|1/2 cup||Coconut, shredded, unsweetened|
|1 cup||Corn flakes, Kellogg's (crushed)|
|1 tbsp||Ranch seasoning, dry, McCormick (or make your own, see below)|
|1 cup||Silk Original Coconut Milk (1)|
|1 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar (chic)|
|3 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into strips)|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium sized bowl mix together shredded coconut, cornflakes, and ranch seasoning.
3. In a separate medium-sized bowl whisk together coconut milk (make sure it's the unsweetened kind) with the apple cider vinegar and let sit 5-10 minutes.
4. Dip chicken strips first into the ‘buttermilk’ then into the cornflake mixture, and lay out onto the baking sheet, spacing out the chicken strips so that none overlap or touch.
5. Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.
6. Remove and serve.
7. To make your own ranch seasoning: simply combine 2 tbsp. dried parsley, 2 tbsp. dried chives, 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion power. 1 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper. For this recipe, use 1 tbsp. of the total amount and reserve the rest for future use.
is a great source of lean protein, which aids in muscle growth and repair!